Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tuesday

Well it was hot. About 88 degrees, though it felt like 90. But I got in a 45 min run which was quite hilly. I think for the first 20 or so minutes I was really suffering. I'm not quite sure why but I really wasn't enjoying what I was doing at all. But this was definitely one of those days that running with someone helped a lot. I was able to focus more on our conversation which thankfully was less about the heat and the hills and more about things we had experienced in college. The fun stuff primarily. But at some point after the last "insanely" steep climb I started feeling much better.

Earlier today I did my normal yoga class at Dharma with Sanieh. This class was all fire and strength and I really needed a nap after it was done. Apparently I needed a 2 hour nap. That's why the morning run I planned didn't happen. And it is also why I skipped the bike ride too. I wonder if the intensity of the yoga class didn't have something to do with how I felt on the afternoon run. The class was really strength based which probably challenged my muscles more than I needed. Also I was very thirsty from the time we started. And I was conscious of my hydration both today and yesterday, but I think the intensity of the yoga class may have compromised my hydration too. Oh well I'll have to look into that. Tomorrow I'll focus on the bike and get in a swim. I think I've done enough for today.

1 comment:

RunnerDude said...

I can relate man. Did my long run Saturday and it was about 80% humidity and in the upper 80s temp wise. Plus the pollen here is really bad. Felt like I was swimming instead of running! LOL!