Thursday, May 21, 2009

Wednesday and Tuesday, Whew! Is It Sunday Yet?

So, here it is in a nutshell. Some really good training sessions. I'm seeing some gains on the bike. Running is still an issue, but not sure what to do. Not running is not helping. And running isn't making things worse and pain is, well, here and there. Literally. So what does that mean? As far as running goes, I ran back to back days Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday's 45 minute run was flat and at an average HR of 135. So it was easy and I talked the entire run. That was followed up by a 3 hour bike ride. Average HR was 124. Going out was a breeze. Coming home into the wind, well that was a little more taxing. HR hit 130, I think. I also managed a 20 minute time trial in the middle of the ride for good measure. Great day to be out on the bike. Truly it was.

So Wednesday began with boot camp where I focused on legs, plyo, and some yogic style core work. Then came the 2 hour nap, followed up with an appointment to see the acupuncturist. The day ended with a very hilly 1 hour run where I found out just how strong my legs were.

Did I mention there were 1 arm pullups this week? Yep. Somewhere along the way I figured out I can do one arm pullups... Sweet!

No comments: